SUP SURVIVOR BEACH
This year will mark the beginning of the Stand Up Paddle (SUP) coming to Moore’s Cancer Center!
Survivor Beach was created in 2007 as a way to bring together individuals in the community to show their support for cancer research and to honor all individuals in their fight against cancer.
Participants form a symbol of support by creating the longest line of surfboards laying in the sand nose-to-tail. The line starts at Scripps Pier and extends towards La Jolla Shores. Last year, approximately 200 people made a line that was 1,674 feet (~180 surfboards).
Click here for a MAP. Volunteers will be at parking lot P003 off El Paseo Grande to help with board unloading and loading.
- 8:00 Registration opens on the beach
- 8:15 Welcome Speech
- 8:20 Survivor Speeches
- 9:00 Polynesian dancers perform
- 9:30 Participants line up on the west side of the board for photo
- 9:45 Photo taken from the pier
- Single airhorn blast signifies the picture to be taken
- Double airhorn blast signifies line to be disbanded
- Timeline to be updated